Re: font tools

Actually, I'm aware all of these tools. I'm just asking because maybe
I can give some advice on the tools that you are working on.

Anyway, in short, I think a complete font tool is still lacking in
windows world. We do have a bit and pieces here and there, but not a
complete packeage. Fontlab probably is the closest that we have, but
it has some serious drawback (at least to me): not being a native
truetype editor (under windows, I think it is under Mac), only basic
hinting tool and opentype editor, and most important of all to me, the
price tag. I'm not willing to spent half of my salary for a font tool.
Second is font creator program. Advantage: native truetype editor,
good interface, reasonably priced. Drawback: only truetype, no hinting
and opentype support at all. Both of this tool can't include bitmap
info under windows. And as for Opentype, Ms Volt probably the best
tool, but ocasianally suffers from some wierd bug.

Otcomp, well I don't have time to code everything in text file.
Everytime I made some changes to the font index, i'll be in trouble.
TTX, well it is very good, but it is not an editor. Good luck trying
to design a font with it.

I think that's about it I want to say about font tools, probably don't
need a seperate discussion.

Regards.