Re: Font license issues

Thank for the input. What you say is true, but the license issues that
I'm trying to focuses on what we do have control,  namely the font and
the XML file.

I'll try to contact FSF  and creative common, but appreciate if we can
have a discussion here first so that we can have a rough idea on what
we would like to have.  I've looked at BitStream license, it might fit
the requirement but I think it need some refinement to suite our need.

About certifying the entire toolchain, well, that is totally seperate
exercise. But I think it is not that difficult to verify it, because
we don't need to verify too many things here. Thing that we really
need to verify is uniscribe (usp10.dll in particular), pango and maybe
freetype (seems you a bit confused between Pango and freetype.
Freetype is just a font rasterizer, nothing to do with text
layout/opentype stuff. That's the job of Pango. The freetype group is
working on one, but in a very early stage). Firefox and Openoffice if
also need to be verified too, but at the moment they seems to have
problems in supporting a normal arabic font.

Regards.