font tools (was Re: Font license issues)

Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
changes directly to the font, and get a derivative of it. (fontforge
is not a native truetype editor, BTW). Thus, if I distribute a font

Have you looked at http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/? I just found it this weekend. According to the webpage, the OTComp tool is an Opentype compiler that supports almost all lookups. It is also sprinkeld with pleas for feedback, esp. for non-latinate languages. Looks pretty promising.

-gregg

p.s. Should we start a font dev thread on the dev list?