Re: Prayer time

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:54:53PM +0300, Thamer MAhmoud wrote:

> So is it "Akim Salatk" or  "Akem Salatak" ? :)

I think the latter makes more sense.

> Wouldn't it be more interesting if we have a collection of small,
> command-line only utilities, with only the basic dependencies that
> other large and separate programs (like Akim Salatak) could depend
> on? I'm thinking of something similar to parted (the command line
> partition editor) and QTparted (parted + GUI using QT toolkit).

I would tend to agree with you here. Let us see how Ahmed would like to
take this and form a plan as to how to proceed. The ITL project badly
needs a revival and some serious re-organization.  As it is, it seems
very chaotic.

> Now, to my utter surprise, looks like these tools already exist:
>
> [..]
>
> It would be much better to extend or continue the ongoing efforts
> instead of duplicating it. Is anyone familiar with this tool?

I am personaly not familiar with 'hdate', however, I have known about it
from Aymen Negm. He is currently taking over maintaninership of the
debian package since the maintainer seems to have vanished. In my
conversation with Aymen some time back, we have agreed that Aymen would
try to hunt down the original author and see if what his future plans
are for 'hdate'. If he is nowhere to be found, then we would integrate
it somehow into the ITL project. The last thing we need is for it to be
orphaned.

Good of you to have brought it up ;)

Regards