Re: Prayer time

Assalamu alaikum,

As was pointed out, there are existing, reliable
command line utilities called praytime, hcal, and
hdate.  I emailed a tar ball to Ahmed.  I suggest we
start with the copy I have, rather than the copy
you'll find on the Internet since a couple of us
modified the one I have to support a few more things,
like:

o flexibility in choosing the degree of the sun for
computing isha and fajr
o the ability to compute fajr and isha times for
latitudes between 48-66 degrees using an algorithm put
forth in a paper by the Muslim World League.  I'm not
100% comfortable with the algorithm.  (The code works,
but I'm not sure that any ulema confirmed the details
of the algorithm itself.)
o the ability to have different criteria for daylight
savings time, since the Middle East and South America
aren't the same as North American in this regard.
(This was done by Amr Wassal.)

Salam,
Moustafa