Re: Prayer time

Nadim Shaikli writes:
 > --- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
 > >
 > > I think the name of the program will be "Akim Salatk" :)
 >
 > I talked to M.Elzubeir about this a bit and I think the best thing to
 > do here is to include the code/todo/doc/etc under the ITL project tree.
 >
 >   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/itl/
 >
 > We're thinking of having the following hierarchy there,
 >
 >  ITL/
 >    lib/
 >    programs/
 >      akem_salatak/    <-- You here :-)
 >      hijri/

So is it "Akim Salatk" or  "Akem Salatak" ? :)

Wouldn't it be more interesting if we have a collection of small,
command-line only utilities, with only the basic dependencies that
other large and separate programs (like Akim Salatak) could depend
on? I'm thinking of something similar to parted (the command line
partition editor) and QTparted (parted + GUI using QT toolkit).

Now, to my utter surprise, looks like these tools already exist:

####apt-cache search islam

hdate - Prints Hijra (Islamic lunar) dates, calendar, Islamic prayer
times

####apt-cache show hdate

Package: hdate
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 140
Maintainer: Muhammad Hussain Yusuf <yusuf at debian dot org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.36-2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Filename: pool/main/h/hdate/hdate_2.36-2_i386.deb
Size: 40130
MD5sum: 2a5314c2fb5d7f3186ae5d57b2f09454
prayer times Generates Hijra date(s) and Hijra calendar for given AD
date and computes daily, monthly, yearly Islamic prayer times for
given location.

It would be much better to extend or continue the ongoing efforts
instead of duplicating it. Is anyone familiar with this tool?

- Thamer Mahmoud