Re: ترجمة الاشهر

On 30/07/06, محمد سعد <520026770069-0001 at t-online dot de> wrote:
في سبت 29 يوليو 2006 20:19, قمت بكتابة:
> This should be handled by the locale.
Ok, this is the best solution
but where are these locale files ?
do you have any idea ?

We create the locale files. But only when we are able to. As explained, that is not the case, unfortunatly.

> For example, ar-dz for Algeria (and other Maghreb countries) use
> transliterated versions of the months in french, i.e. Janvier, Fevier,
> Mars, etc.
> Other countries, say ar-eg for Egypt, can use their localised months,
> and so on for every other country.
>
> However, the caveat is that we don't have the manpower to do that for
> every Arabic locale in parallel (it should be kept in mind for the
> future). For now, we have to agree on a common notation.
>
> QAC[1] should decide on these issues, I'm not sure whether it is active
> anymore?
well the best solution is to reactivate it, because english to arabic sound
translation ( يناير، فبراير,.....) in my opinion would not be that easy for
people not aware of them.

Agreed

Djihed