Re: ترجمة الاشهر

I vote for Gregorian as well, because they are closest to western
names, which makes them the easiest to understand (As mentioned by
Khaled Hosny).

Djihed

On 30/07/06, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
On 7/30/06, محمد سعد <520026770069-0001 at t-online dot de> wrote:
[...]
> > QAC[1] should decide on these issues, I'm not sure whether it is active
> > anymore?
> well the best solution is to reactivate it, because english to arabic sound
> translation ( يناير، فبراير,.....) in my opinion would not be that easy for
> people not aware of them.

I understand what you mean here. Consider this however: the number of
people who are not aware of the Babylonian names, far exceeds the
number of people who dont know the Gregorian names.

Our convention so far has been to use the Gregorian names as opposed
to the Babylonian. When we can handle different locales, we will be
able to have different versions.

But for the moment, I think you will find the vast majority are in
favour of Gregorian names.