Re: Pootle and similar tools

You mean that we should abondon pootle and adopt wikitionary/localedb?

What is pootle?
A: A web interface to translate files, could be used for things like
Translating Gnome, etc.

How does it work?
A: it stands for PO-based Online Translation / Localization Engine.
So it accept po files.

Can it be used?
A: may be, we need to test it with some experimental project, so that
we know how it works, if it works well, and if it speeds up or slows
down the translation process.

How shall we know if it suitable?
A: We test it! I'm proposing editing the technical dictionary files
with pootle. ie: not import it as a glossary, just consider it a
translation project and work on it with pootle, as a test case.

Djihed

On 26/07/06, Youssef Chahibi <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:23, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> As I understand it pootle can be used to edit po files. I'm proposing
> using it to edit those .po files, not as a glossary or anything.
>
> Djihed
السلام عليكم
        Afaik, Glossary support in pootle aims to add an embedded glossary in the web
page which suggests equivalents for terms that are in the string.

> I'm proposing
> using it to edit those .po files, not as a glossary or anything.
We need a server. But I think wiktionary or lvdict.sf.net would fit better
because it supports discussions.