Re: ترجمات اليوم...

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 14:31 +0100, محمد سعد wrote:
 <في تاريخ الإثنين 11 ديسمبر 2006 16:58 ، كتب المراسل Djihed Afifi :
> > Saad, can you please add them through the wiki?
>
> Hi Djiehed
> which WIKI page ? I am lost among the numerous projects going on so please be
> more precise
> what is the URL of the page ?

the wiki is obviously at http://wiki.arabeyes.org
It should be easy once you go there. (Big box saying contribute etc...)
To add a term, create a new page with the title
techdict:NEW_WORD

Please read the Technical_Dictionary and its talk pages. They've been
created and refined for you guys to make life easier.

> > We've made the wiki for this sort of thing.
> >
> > Note that after importing all po files to wiki, there is *no* guarantee
> well  I put all my terms in a single PO file
> then I use mlterm and msggrep for instant access to any translation I am
> looking for
> it is in my opinion more efficient than any other method.

For searching (and may be not even there). But absolutely not for
sharing and collaboration.

Once I finish writing the wiki2po converter, I will provide weekly
snapshots of our wiki terms in po files and other formats. So you will
have no worries there...

Besides, your PO's cannot be viewed and changed by everybody else
(beyong a few people on cvs). The whole point of the new wiki move is to
share terms.

> > that any term discussed here or in newer po files will be included in
> > the final technical dictionary release. Please add it to the wiki :)
>
> can I add them at once or do i need to add each term or expression
> alphabetically ?

You will have to add them separately, each on each page. It won't take
as much time as you think. What's good is that other people will discuss
and enhance your terms.

Sharing and collaboration is key here.

Djihed

--