Re: Arabeyes HOWTOS

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I was happy to see the initiative Anas has taken recently by updating one of
> our HOWTOs. I say why stop there?
>
> Many of our HOWTOs and docs on our documentation page[1] are outdated. Others
> have mistakes in them. More importantly, we don't have enough HOWTOs covering
> different Arabization issues.
>
> We need someone to maintain the docs and HOWTOs on a permanent basis, making
> sure none grow outdated, correcting mistakes, and
> collecting/writing/translating new HOWTOs.
>
> I can hear some of you say:"Well, what don't YOU do it?? And stop your
> whinin'!". Well, maybe I should, but I want to give others the chance to do
> it.
>
> Anyone (I repeat, ANYONE) is welcome to take over this task. You don't have
> to be an active translator even, but having translator skills is a plus. We
> just need someone to keep his eye on this page and give the rest of us a buzz
> when something needs to be done.
>
> This is sort of a high priority, so anyone who has a task with a relatively
> low priority compared to this (HINT: Ossama and his Arts page ;D ) might want
> to consider relinqushing that task for this one instead.

Irrespective of mechanics, I couldn't agree more with you.  If the owners
of various docs need to update them instead (per M.Elzubeir's comments),
then maybe having this person be the 'doc-policer' would serve the purpose.
Said individual could also put in an NFD (Need For Document) requests based
on a specific justified request or based on desire/need, etc.  In short,
having someone look after such issues is VERY important.

> Guys, should we add this to the list of "open positions" on Arabeyes?

Don't see why not - given the position is better described with detailed
duties and goals.

BTW: Thanks a million for making such an initiative (self-starters are VERY
     appreciated around here :-) - more such talk and thoughts should be
     brought forth by all.