Default charset for ar locales?

Dear Arabeyes contributors,

The latest Debian Installer builds now work completely for the 1st
stage of the install in Arabic (probably some display problems here
and there, which we can't solve until we have an Arabic speaking
developer in the team).

However, when reaching the 2nd stage of the install (after the system
reboot), the environment is then more or less that of the future
system.

There, the locales ar "ar_XX" which are all using the ISO-8859-6
charset by default.

The result is a very bad display as, if I unerstood properly, the
ISO-8859-6 charset only includes basic Arabic characters.

As a last minute fix, because of the upcoming release, I have changed
the default locales to be UTF-8 for Arabic, and the 2nd stage then
uses jfbterm as it does for Asian or Hebrew languages.

Do you think that choosing this is OK and will not hurt our future
Arabic users?