Re: Plural-Forms header

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 03 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 07:04 pm, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj
wrote:
> --- Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org> wrote:
> > Today, I had a long discussion with Abdulazziz about Plural-Forms
> > because one Debian file in stage2 uses them for talking about the
> > number of packages that may be installed.
> >
> > Below is the IRC log
> >
> > My conclusion is that the appropriate header for Arabic is:
> >
> > Plural-Forms: nplurals=4; plural=n%100==1 || n==0 ? 0 : n%100==2 ? 2

Wrong in cases of 1, 2, 101, 102, ...

> At any rate, the base-config file is now committed, error free, using
> the header form of the plurlization policy Arabeyes has always used:
>
> 1: 1 and 0
> 2: 2
> 3: 3 <= n <= 10
> 4: n > 10

wrong in cases of 101, 102, ... Seems odd, eh? The war has begun ... ;)

> When we make modifications to the header the file will be changed
> accordingly. I'm conversing with Isam as we speak :)

How can just inserting a header in a text file change the file?! Do I need to
insert this header in each .po?! I thought this header should be somewhere
built into the sources (.cpp or .h files) of KDE, GNOME, debian
installer, ... not in the .po files themselves, no?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA