Re: Plural-Forms header

On Yaum al-Jumma 05 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 11:48 am, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Denis Barbier (barbier at linuxfr dot org):
> > Your line makes 2nd and 3rd cases identical, it should be
> >   Plural-Forms: nplurals=4; plural=n%100==1 || n==0 ? 0 : n%100==2 ? 1 :
> > n%100>=3 && n%100<=10 ? 2 : 3;

Can any one point a real example when a zero is passed as an argument in an
application. In Arabic zero has no rule. ;) so it's not correct to say zero
files.

> > It is also not clear whether first case is right or should be n%100<=1

Does it make a difference, practically?

> IIRC, 100 does not drive singular but rather 4th form.
>
> Discussion restarted between Arabeyes people in order to find
> something appropriate. Seems that maybe 5 or even 6 plural forms could
> be needed..:-)

Well, if it's only 6 or even 8, the solution would be easy ;). Actually, there
are no Arabic rules AFAIK for dealing with numbers when they are written in
numbers. The rules we studied at school deal with writing the numbers in
words. Things like One hundered and two but not 102. In the latter case,
nothing can be accurate. Just let pray the number would never be something
and one or something  and two ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA