Re: Consensus on QAC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:45:17 -0600, Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com> wrote:
[...]
> Take a look at http://www.c4arab.com/qamoos/index.php too.

I took a look. I'm impressed. Some of the translations though are a
little off though (they have Free Software Foundation translated as
munathamat al-baramjiyat al-majjaniyah which translates "free" as
meaning "free of charge" instead of free as in freedom).

In its web form its not much use to us, except maybe for our
translators, when they cannot find a certain term in our repo. We need
some kind of file database that we can work with, and I dont know how
willing they will be to give such a thing to us. If its not GPL we
cant use it anyway... and even if it was its likely the Arabic will be
encoded in CP-1256.

Still, it would be nice if someone contacted them to test their
waters. Any takers?

Abdulaziz,