Re: Complete Report: Terminology, Wordlist...

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 at hotmail dot com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> 2- In the background, I suggest a creation of a
> 'Quality Control Comittee'.

QCC :) I love this one. '1' vote from me.

> I suggest that the actual translation coordinators
> and a few others should
> constitue that commitee. Namely: Ahmad
> (Al-Rasheedan), Ahmad (Twaijri),
> Arafat (Medini), Hafid (or Mohammed Elzubeir ?),
> Munzir, Ossama, one or two
> core-ites, and everyone I forgot ;) [I personally
> would like to be in it].

I would surely would like to be in it. Another vote
for this one!

> 3- Nadim made a proposition to create a 'Technical
> Wordlist'. I think the
> list should constitute all the technical terms for
> the existing GNOME, KDE
> POs and whatever else.

This is great, since we can review it and discuss any
change need to be done.

> 4- [...]
> I don't see any problem in having two
> or more translations
> per word.

"I slightly disagree with you!", as our Assistant GM
says :) I strongly insist on _one_ translation only.
On the other hand, only if we really have to, then we
can make two... Anyway, I'll add this up to the list
of points to be discussed :)

[...]
> I hope this makes sense. I believe that we should
> quickly start to look into
> points 1, 2 and 3. As suggested by Ossama, maybe we
> should fix a meeting to
> discuss how to proceed.

I'll recreate the points list again. If any one has
more, it would be great.

> If the idea is fine, I ask kindly (;-) the people
> who I named explictely to
> give their agreement or not to sit in that
> 'commitee'. But I sure have
> forgotten some people, so please give your opinion
> too ;)

Agreed again :) Thanks Youcef.

regards,
Ossama Khayat