Re: French and Spanish wordlist

Good Morning,

> I think it is a lovely idea. Just make sure you have some extra hands
> to carry the load. With a simple calculation of our English/Arabic
wordlist,
> we have 88,000 words. If you manage 200 words a day, then you will
> need 440 days:) I am a big fan of dictionary work, go for it.

I agree that the two projects are huge and I hope to get somme support as it
is not always easy to get it. Me and Salah Faya have the same problem with
PHP Arabization Project but we arrived to a point of non-return: in case of
there was or wasn't support.
If the project needs 3 years to be completed, we will do it even if we
continue with only two members.
But even if we are one or two, I think it is necessary to launch various
projects because it'll make the site absolutly rich and give the impression
that there are always a lot of work just waiting "hard-working people" and
it'll be as a proposal to people who may be didn't find the project which
fits their interest.
Even if the project is not completed, I think, finally, you'll feel you've
done what you had to do and if things go wrong it is because people "who
suggest projects", unfortunately, talk more than make concrete efforts.
Unfortunately, it's a general attitude in Arab World. Be sure, it won't be
your fault and I'm sur, I'm not one of those.

> Another thing to consider (or a first step in this
> potential move) is to find Open Source dictionaries (the more the
> better) of English <-> French and English <-> Spanish, that way we
> can (via a very primitive perl script) simply replace the english
> in our full_wordlist files with its equivalent French/Spanish.

It is a good idea but can you suggest where can I find them; may be at the
same place where you found the English Wordlist. I'll be very happy to work
on these two projects and I will try to get new members: I hope to get new
members. You know the song ;)

> I'm not sure what that means - but we've never constrained ourselves
> to any rejoin - we are for all Arabs and those interested in Arabic
> EVERYWHERE.
Don't worry about that. It's just nice to hear you saying: "we are for all
Arabs and those interested in Arabic
EVERYWHERE." Really, I thank you and I think, sometimes, we need to hear
such good words :)

arabeyes is a great place where it makes good to work with nice people. Just
talking with people like you, I'm sure that I found another good place, with
PHP Arabization Team, where I can JUST progress.

Regards
Hafid
-----