Re: French and Spanish wordlist

--- hafid71 at gawab dot com wrote:
> I saw that your wordlist project concerns the language pair English-Arabic
> and it comes to me the idea to propose doing the same with the language
> pairs French-Arabic and Spanish-Arabic. Of course, by proposing this I want
> to say I want to be member of these two "projects" if it occurs to be
> accepted.
>
> My argument when proposing these two projects is that I think that it'll be
> greatly applauded by people having French-Arabic and Spanish-Arabic cultural
> background, mainly in the Maghreb, except Libya.

I think this is a great idea given you find a committed set of
people to fully complete this project (we certainly don't want
to start something this specific - comparatively there aren't
that many French/Spanish speakers involved in Arabeyes - and not
complete it).  Another thing to consider (or a first step in this
potential move) is to find Open Source dictionaries (the more the
better) of English <-> French and English <-> Spanish, that way we
can (via a very primitive perl script) simply replace the english
in our full_wordlist files with its equivalent French/Spanish.

> Then, arabeyes won't be considered anymore as a website for only
> Middle-East people as it focuses on English-Arabic.

I'm not sure what that means - but we've never constrained ourselves
to any rejoin - we are for all Arabs and those interested in Arabic
EVERYWHERE.