Re: joining ARABEYES translation group

--- hafid71 at gawab dot com wrote:
> For the Wordlist, I tried to download the files with Getright Dowload
> Manager but as your site doesn't support resuming I prefered to wait
> as I don't have a good connection type and till I get MY CVS account.

Hafid, you'll receive your welcome email soon inshalla (sorry for
the delay) which notes alot more than what I'm about to mention.
To checkout anything from Arabeyes you don't need a CVS account.
Please look over the link below and read it, for it contains
instructions on how to anonymously "read" CVS,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/cvs-howto-en/

  [Assuming tcsh and anonymous access]

  $ setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs at cvs dot arabeyes dot org:/home/arabeyes/cvs
  $ cvs login
    <enter 'anoncvs' when prompted>
  $ cvs checkout translate/wordlist

> (PS. I tried to send the zip files; but the mail was rejected because it
> exceeded the standard 40 kb: so if someone wants the compressed file, I'll
> send to his mail on request)

I highly recommend you put that file on a website somewhere and link
to it (ie. supply the URL).  Keep in mind that alot of the people on
this list are behind dial-up modems and there is no need to force
them to download something that they might not be interested in.

Salam