Re: Arabic Keymap!

Mohammed Yousif a *crit :

> On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:33 am, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
>
> ok, but that's what called Lam_Alef (I mean 0xfefb) in unicode standards and
> it is considered as a SEPARATE character

Yes, but it is there for drawing purposes essentially.

> hmm... isn't there a way to make the application read the value 0xfefb and
> substitiue it with 0x0644 and 0x0627 when storing and then revert it back to
> 0xfefb when viewing
> or better a way to store it as is (0xfefb) and to view it as (0xfefb) (I mean
> to assume that Alef_Lam is a character ITSELF like NOON , DAL ..etc)

No, no, no, that's a Bad Idea. You would create a difference at the data level
between Lam and Alef as a sequence of two characters or as a unique character
and introduce too many complications in string manipulation, cursor
manipulation, etc... Limiting the rendering of that glyph when and if necessary
or desired to the display layer is the right approach.
Salaam,
Chahine