Re: Arabic Keymap!

On Saturday 16 February 2002 10:25 pm, Haydar wrote:
> Salaam Isam,
> I have a small question about this: is this keymap "xfree86" the same
> that included with XFree86 4.2.0, or it is still only in cvs?
> because i want to compile the XF86 RPM for Haydarlinux and want to be
> sure that it has the arabic language definition in xfree86
>
> Regards,
> Haydar

OOPS ;-)
Isam, have you tried the new XFree86 4.2.0 or a CVS snapshot from the last two
or three months ? I guess not
there are three methods to define symbols in xkb
one of them is using the names defined in $X_INCLUDE_DIR/keysum.h and
$X_INCLUDE_DIR/keysumdef.h (e.g. Arabic_dal, 1 , Arabic_comma)

the second method is defining it with the character [decimal || octal ||
hexadecimal] value

the third method is to use the unicode value of the character (this is wasn't
supported in XFree86 4.1.0 and below)
for example the Arabic Decimal Separato value is 066b in unicode
to use it in xkb you add to it the hexadecimal value 0x1000000
so :
0x066b + 0x1000000 = 0x100066b ---> that's the value to use in xkb to define
the symbol file

Lam Alef is fefb
so :
0xfefb + 0x1000000 = 0x100fefb

the hendi number 1 (١) (I typed it using the new keymap I commited to CVS :P)
 now:))  0661
so :
0x0661 + 0x1000661 = 0x1000661

and so on , got it :)
now go grab XFree86 4.2.0 and let the fun begin ;-)