Re: Arabic Keymap!

>The keymap is not a Gnome thing or pongo thing .. it is defines in the X
>level .. so you can use the same XFree86 one that alot of people use for KDE
>.. All window managers share the same keymap files .. you can find them here
> :
>
>http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/xkbcomp/
>
>The latest version you can get from the XFree86 CVS got the THAL letter
>probelm fixed, and got the AR language symbol defined where it should be ..
>If you need help is using it or making the changes please don't hesitate to
>ask ..
okay , but using what ??
of course using xkb tools to convert
in gnome the GKB is used , and I don't really know how it works but all I can
say is you _MUST_ define arabic in it to be shown
I tried to use it to convert to another keymap that exists there (russian
keymap) but I couldn't write in Russian (although it switched successfully) ,
it worked also when I replaced the symbol file 'ru' with our 'ar'

any gnome user can explain how GKB works ??