Re: [developers] Error in Simplified Naskh Font

> I hope we close this discussion now.
sure,
nothing else can be said
but let me translate some of that because this list is public and some
non-Arabic speaker passer by maybe wondering why we demand closing the
topic

> رسم المصحف توقيفي لا تجوز مخالفته.

the way Quran was written in is Tawqifi [ie. no place for Ijtihad]
it wasn't an opinion of Othman ibn Affan nor it's an opinion of the prophet PBUH

> على أن كتابة كتّابه للكتب التي كان يرسلها للملوك والرؤساء كانت على رسم الكتابة العادية، وعلى غير الرسم الذي كانوا
> يكتبون به الصحف التي يكتبون فيها القرآن حين نزوله، مع أن المملي واحد والكتّاب هم هم. على أن التزام الرسم العثماني
> للقرآن، إنما هو خاص بكتابة المصحف كله،

when prophet PBUH send letters to kings, his writers used the
conventional writing spelling not the way they used when they write
Quran as it reveals  [prophet Muhammad recite and they write, then
prophet Muhammad ask each to recite what he have written to review
that]

the difference between writing style between letters [spelling way]
and Quran verses [othmani way] despite that they are the same writers
indicate that they are told to do so

brother khalid mentions examples like
having the word قرآنا [recited as Quranan] without alif in chapter
Yousif ans Zukhruf but keeping the alif in other places also indicate
that they are told not to use the conventional spelling writing style
but a special tawqifi style
---

brother Hamid, we in ojuba.org put project Othman on hold for now
to concentrate on thwab 3
http://www.ojuba.org/wiki/doku.php/thwab/%D8%AA%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%B1_%D8%AB%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A83

because Quran is well publicized even if every single copy is burned,
Muslims will be able to recover an authentic copy because of the big
number of Hufaaz who remember Quran by heart and they have Ijaza ie. a
continuous Mutawatir narrations  that led to prophet Muhammad [yes
they are still alive :-) ]

if you have any suggestion about future development othman we would
love to receive from you, send us core /AT/ ojuba /DOT/ org

we will continue to develop project othman,
and we would love to know which feature to add in next release