Re: [developers] Error in Simplified Naskh Font

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Hamed al-Suhli <hamedsuhli at gmail dot com> wrote:
> The most important thing I needed to say: that the Othmanic glyphs is
> not holy or from ALLAH or even authentecated by al-Rasool PBUH, it
> just be and the OMMA did not find any reason to create something else,
> but it's not the Quraan as Muayyad said.

Please re-read Muayyad's email, and ask the olamaa about what happened
when the kotab alwahy disagreed on how a letter is to be written. A
small example is there are instances in the Quranic Script that are
written with a "taa maftooha" while in the arabic language it is
written using a "taa marboota" surely this was not ijtihad by the
Sahaba (redwan Allah Alayhem) in Allah's book.

Secondly the letters "faa" and "waaw" are horoof 3atf and there are
special cases. All the sahih qera'aat and the 7 letters that the Quran
was delivered in do not change the meaning of the words. However, if
we knew the true full meaning of a single aya it would be great
knowledge. The olamaa of tafseer mak ijtihaad on undrestanding the
meaning of an aya, and that is why tafseer and translations is not
Quran. Back to the topic, the olamaa of translations use the different
Qira'aat to aid them in determining the meaning of the various ayat.

I am not sure how to stress that there is only one Quran, if you have
heard various Qira'aat and looked in various tafseer books you will
surely come to that conclusion. Do not confuse the word Othmanic
Script, this (up to my knowledge) is due to the unifying of the Ummah
on the Quraish Letter of the Quran where all the current Qira'aat are
from.

--
Hatem Nassrat