Re: zekr deb package for Debian

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007, Mohammad Derakhshani wrote:
> The Ubuntu MOTUs told me that wiki is not reliable enough, so we changed
> the license of the translation to "not permitted to distribute for
> commercial purposes" as
> http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/qmtintro.html , from which the
> translations were originally downloaded, had described their license.
>
> Is there any possibility to consider these translations in the Public
> Domain for uploading to Debian, since all the above evidence stress they
> are?

If we can't distribute them for commercial purposes, then it is non-free
according to Debian. This restriction is not mentioned in zekr but it
is in zekr translations. This makes at least the translation packages
unsuitable for Debian main (but they can go to non-free).

> > Make use of po-debconf (debconf-updatepo, ...).

Don't forget this ;-)

--
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette