Re: Arabic spellchecker

arn at scs-net dot org wrote:
I'm interrested by your approach. I'm working on arabization of a library
software and one of my problem is to deal with article. I need to know when an
Al is an article (so as to sort title without article) or when it's part of a
word. I think you have this kind of problem with dictionnary. The only solution
I saw right now is to have a list of the word beginning with al so as to sort
Almania with alef and Al chams with Ch. Do you think this is a good way to start ?

I don't think you have any other approach. Maybe in the future, if you integrate the AFFIX dictionary, you can query the DICTIONARY file for the 'article' flag.

BTW, is that software available ?

Ahmad Khalifa