Arabbix initial roadmap.

Hi all,

First, Arabbix is not my project, It's arabeyes'. I'm taking the lead -thanks Anmar - for many reasons as you all may know, One of them is that we need an Arabic distro/LiveCD to demonstrate arabeyes.org applications and arabization efforts. Arabbix development has been stalled for some time now, And this can't happen to such an important project like arabbix.
I was talking to Alaa yesterday, I think we basically came out with some points, These points are the best we could come out with, But feel free to suggest/add/remove what you think right/wrong, The points are:
* Arabbix'll be based on the latest morphix base for hardware detection and for the ease of maintainability
* All of the arabeyes customization things'll be modularized as much as possible via morphix minimodules, to ease the future updates and to allow other LUGS/individuals to customize arabbix to fit their needs.
* Arabbix'll include ALL the software by arabeyes.org EXCEPT any religious software, I wanted to add it, But It won't be added per LLUG request.
* After we reach a stable release no more updates'll be done except when major software packages are rolled out:
 - OpenOffice
 - The latest 100% arabised version of GNOME "as arabbix'll be based on GNOME, though it can be easely adapted via morphix mainmodules"
 - Morphix base updates.
 - Any 3 arabeyes applications outdated in arabbix
 - upon the release of an application that is considered vital such as the C++ version of duali.
* Arabbix'll contain ONLY FLOSS as defind by the DFSG.
* Arabbix'll always have the latest 100% arabised version of GNOME.

Cooperation with other lugs not just EGLUG is a MUST, Maybe we'll try to contribute directly to Morphix.

Here is The imagination about the roadmap:
* the 1st version'll be rolled out with the lates morphix base, arabic locale, and the shared set of applications we agree upon.
* The next version'll be released with the art work.
* a 3rd release with configuration tailored for arabeyes "keyboard layout, /home/arabbix instead of /home/morph"
* The final release.

Guys, comments, thoughts, opinions please

PS. About the RAM thing, Thanks guys, Alaa'll create any main modules required, And I'll be creating the mini modules and the final ISO.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer