Re: katoob is marvelleous but ...

On Sunday 29 June 2003 5:59 am, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

> > > BTW: you can drop files on katoob to open them "on the toolbar not on
> > > the text editing portion"
> >
> > I tried to drag a text file made by Katoob itself to the toolbar but
> > nothing happened. I only see the "No smoking" sign everywhere I've
> > tried!!
>
> strange!
> from where did u drag it ?
> it works fine using rox.
ROX has its roots on RISC OS which rocks on dragging and dropping. But
generally speaking this feature is not in Katoob, unless you mean DND
support.

> Actually i think the better thing is to add all the emulator stuff to an
> emulator sub menu.
I agree.

> no no. I meant that when you pipe a document to katoob,
How can I pipe a document to katoob?

> there is no way
> to determine its encoding, So katoob use your default encoding.
> So you can change it from the encodings menu.
This default encoding should be changeable, right?
Open katoob. View->Encoding->Arabic->ISO 8859-6 (Arabic), close katoob. Open
it again the encoding is still UTF-8. So the default encoding is always UTF-8
and can't be changed!!

> > Yeah! The convention here is to be able to right click anywhere not
> > necessarily in an empty space. Think about small resolutions with "Text
> > beside icons" option. You can check kwrite to confirm how it looks.
>
> hmmm, I'm afraid that this isn't freandly as it's
> packing gtkwidgets into an event box to catch the right click consume
> large ammount of CPU.
> i'll check and see.

> > 11. Ctrl+F7 for Spell Check doesn't work.
> > 12. Ctrl+Shift+W for Close All doesn't work.
> > 13. Open Katoob -> type anything -> Click New to create a new file and
> > type anything also, now you have two files open. Documents -> Close All.
> > The Cancel button doesn't work.
>
> I'll look into these.
>
> > 14. I downloaded  gtksourceview-0.3.0 from the Internet and installed it
> > in my system. Now:
> > [munzir at localhost katoob-0.3.4.91]$ ./configure --enable-highlight
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > checking for gtksourceview-1.0 >= 0.2... Package gtksourceview-1.0 was
> > not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtksourceview-1.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'gtksourceview-1.0' found
> > configure: WARNING: Couldn't find gtksourceview, Highlighting'll be
> > disabled.
> >
> > Is Katoob checking for a version "gtksourceview-1.0" that not made yet.
> > The current is "gtksourceview-0.3.0" or what's happening?
>
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
> ./configure --enable-highlight
configure: Great! Source highlighting is enabled. Thaaanks!

> > Finally, another word of thanks to you, Mohammed, and to all the people
> > who made the open source concept come into being. It's Marvelous. Keep on
> > the good work and I will keep on the bad work ;-)
>
> it's not bad after all. Think about all the crushed bugs and
> improvements and you'll find that you are completing my work :-)
That's me?! Yahoooo!!!

--

Telecommunications Engineer
CIW, ICDL, MOUS.