Re: PuTTY project

Salam:
Great news , i will take you instructions as my leader , so at first i will
be familiar with PuTTY for lets say 3 days , then i will go to source
exploration .

>Feel free to ask and
>share with me any thoughts you have, and I will do the >same ;)

so did u recommend starting using the version you are work on , or the
original one ?
and also the source of your version or author's one ?

>Right now I do not think there is a way to make PuTTY bidi aware
>without major changes to its data structures. I know that this may
>make it difficult for Simon (PuTTY author and maintainer) to accept
>and integrate the changes.

i cant tell you now what iam thinking , but my personal belief in
programming , there is always more than one solution,
but some ones are very very bad , but i will do my best with you to
understand the PuTTY architecture and made it .

> but we will do our best and negotiate that
>once we have something working. Let me know if you think otherwise.

yes you got it , :-) "once we have something working" that is the driving
rule for any succeful SoftWare all over the history of programming.

>I am looking at mlterm sources and I see nice data structures. So I
>think I will borrow from mlterm.
> Maybe you can take a look at iterm sources (see previous posts on this
list) and tell me what you see.

ok boss ;-) i will do it.

> will try to be on irc during the day (pacific time, I am inCalifornia),
feel free to come in and we can discuss this further.
which irc client did u use , for me iam using MSN(iam on Windows machine and
had linux machine(server) and use vnc to connect and work and learn , but my
work here as employee in University requires WindowsXp )or icq
in both cases send me more information to contact,

iam waiting here all the day ( i work from 10am until 8pm in egypt time)

best regards
sayed

> This is great news. I suggest that you familiarize yourself with PuTTY
> as a user, and then take a look at the sources. Feel free to ask and
> share with me any thoughts you have, and I will do the same ;)
>
> Right now I do not think there is a way to make PuTTY bidi aware
> without major changes to its data structures. I know that this may
> make it difficult for Simon (PuTTY author and maintainer) to accept
> and integrate the changes, but we will do our best and negotiate that
> once we have something working. Let me know if you think otherwise.
>
> I am looking at mlterm sources and I see nice data structures. So I
> think I will borrow from mlterm. Maybe you can take a look at iterm
> sources (see previous posts on this list) and tell me what you see.
>
> In any case, the only rule is that one always checks in something that
> works. This is now important since more than one person will be
> working on the same project.
>
> I will try to be on irc during the day (pacific time, I am in
> California), feel free to come in and we can discuss this further.
>
> -Kamal
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 11:01:02AM +0200, alsayed wrote:
> > alsalam alikom:
> >     my name is alsayed taha mostafa alghadban , from egypt- Damietta
> > i would like to join the PuTTY project according to alzubier advice , he
told me that i can talk to mr Kamal Dalal and introduce my self to him , i
had a good experience in programming using vc++, c++, c, assembly on Windows
and dos, also i had started from 3 months learning how to make programs
using c for linux(and unix as well with the diffrences)