Re: al quraan

--- Mohammad DAMT <md mt web id> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:02:15PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > I can't envision you not getting the permission (but we'll have to hear
> > from Mr. Yousif); I highly suggest integrating both works instead of
> > forking into 2 different implementations (maybe the diversion should
>
> maybe why don't we just make a libquran first
> then each of us make a GNOME or KDE apps that will call the libquran

Sounds like a good reasonable idea to me :-)  Again, it would be best
to coordinate with Mr. Mohammed Yousif (I've CC'ed him knowing he's on
the list as well :-)  If you don't get a reply from him, I would recommend
you start along those lines yourself (do post your plans, thoughts and
approach here for when Mr. Yousif finally comes out of hiding :-).

> > happen once the current implementation is augmented with Gtk as an
> > option -- for an even broader audience).  In short, Mr. Damt I highly
> > recommend you take your Indonesian translation and add it to arabeyes'
> > repository.  As for the arabic text, we already have a UTF-8 encoded
>
> sure.
> I will convert the MySQL data to the XML as soon as I have spare time

Great - sounds like a plan.

BTW: welcome aboard.

Salam..