Re: Discussing Hayder's Proposal here

> Isam, that's not politics. Please try to download anything from an
> American's company site, and you'll see that they ban half our countries.
> Try Oracle, Apple, Netscape, Microsoft, AOL, whoever you want. So Haydar
> has every right to do it, especially that he's in Syria and 1) Syrian law
> may require it 2) in fact the Arab league directives ask(ed?) us to do it
> 3) Syria is among the list of countries that being a citizen of, having any
> relation with, being located in, prevents you from legally using anything
> that you might download from too many companies producing a couple of lines
> of code. We're the last people who have any moral right to pressure him in
> any way against putting such a close. Ok, granted, there's a bit of
> politics in this. But we're dealing with legal stuff here, and that means
> law and sometimes, yes, policies, not coding or translation.

I know that .. but niehter GPL, Mozilla,BSD, etc.. does prevent any country
or list it ..
and Hayder is an Iraqi who lives, and opening business in UK .. so there is
no legal issue from is side .. after all it is his code, and he is free to
license it as he like .. but I am saying that involving Arabeyes in such
license would push us into a field that we tried hard to stay out of ..
that's all

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi