Re: commiting favors, as usual

--- "Chahine M. Hamila" wrote:
> My connection being what it is, I can't commit in decent conditions...
> So Nadim, if you don't mind, I'll send you the akka.inc file, and you'll
> commit it for me plz.

Sure, but I really don't think a tiny file size like akka.inc could
be an upload burdon :-)

> I will sieze this opportunity to ask if it is possible to add a section
> Authors (I guess it is, but I just want a confirmation instead of
> scrolling through the web source through my crappy connection).
> It is important imho for two reasons:
> 1) even though most of today's code in Akka is definitely mine, there
> are still some lines of code left from the Acon era, this is not a
> project I started from scratch, so I feel an acknowledgement for Ahmed
> is necessary.
> 2) The same goes to those who at one time or another contributed to
> Akka, namely Moe and Chokri Mraidha. Naming them is something that might
> encourage future developers to participate in other projects through the
> Merit's Fame factor.

I would be very against that -- we are promoting THE project here (arabeyes)
and not any individuals (no matter how great or wonderful a job they did).
Those authors and comments can be added to your distribution (tarball)
in an 'AUTHORS' file (standard procedure world-wide).