Re: [general] New Arabeyes Drupal Website

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 02:34:24PM +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> [snip]
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 01:12:10PM +0300, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > 2) Has, a more or less, the same functionality of the current one; the
> > static pages, the news section, project management, etc..
> > 3) I'd like to have a flexible project management, where one can, plus
> > what we've right now, make meta-projects that is divided into several
> > sub-projects.
>
> Khaled, the above 2 points are problematic the way you describe them. Simply because I've been
> involved with arabeyes for years yet I don't know exactly how the (project management system UI) is like.
> Let's assume the standard drupal admin pages are enough for now.

OK, any thing that is up and running is good, supposing we can extend it
later to accommodate our needs.

> > 4) Integration with mailing lists, svn, the wiki is a plus
> What do you mean by that ? How do you imagine the mailing lists integration to be like ?

Like being able to subscribe from the mailing lists page in the website
or browse archives without jumping to a separate mailman pages, this
isn't that important though. But I think the ability to search
website, lists archives and the wiki from one place is important IMO. A
single login/username should be considered too.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team