Re: [general] New Arabeyes Drupal Website

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:03:25AM +0200, Mohamed Farag wrote:
> Drupal 6.3 Arabic files are not ready yet.
> Should we install Version 6 and use the Arabic files made available for 6.3 (that are originally for 5.9)?
> And start a new project for testing and it.
> http://drupal.org/node/232828

I've been doing some work lately on drupal 6 (this page it bite
outdated, but I think the file is updated), we need to know the modules
used on the site and prioritise its translation.

> Or should we go with the older version of Drupal (V. 5.9) with its
> Arabic language files that is stable and tested? just to be practical?
> http://drupal.org/node/232778

AFAIK, drupal 6 has much better multilingual support than 5.x series,
which is critical to our need. In the meantime we can test and fix the
translation as needed.

> Second:
> For all:
> Please send me all your ideas for the new website in all aspects and functions/ modules, features that you see important. All your inputs will of course be subject to discussion and consensus approval.

For me the website has to be:
1) Multilingual, this is a must (one of the main reasons we are building
a new website)
2) Has, a more or less, the same functionality of the current one; the
static pages, the news section, project management, etc..
3) I'd like to have a flexible project management, where one can, plus
what we've right now, make meta-projects that is divided into several
sub-projects.
4) Integration with mailing lists, svn, the wiki is a plus

> Third:
> For Djihad: What exactly do you need in the prototype?
> Also, do you mean a working install of the CMS, but not fully filled with data and stuff..or just homepage design under drupal?

I think we need to see a functional website, sans the actual data. The
visual (theming part) should be left for a late stage.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team