Re: vi & gtk-2 questions

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:23:00PM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2003 20:09, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:58:19 +0200
> >
> > Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> > > due to savannah being down, Try this.
> > > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/changsets/xmms2-changes.tar.gz
> > > I don't know if I'll continue the port or not. I can't do this alone.
> > > and i'll NOT CHANGE THE HOST to another location, Sorry for that ;-)
> >
> > Could you please provide us with an actual STATUS of the port? This
> > would be a great move. Also, are you sure you are not duplicating
> > anyone elses work?
>
> As you all know the problem is not in the port itself but in backward
> compatibility of the already available numerous plugins. May be we need
> Muhammad Sameer's efforts in something more useful. If the maintainers of
> xmms are not interested in porting then I am afraid your port will soon be
> obsolete and die, right?

Maybe you are right.

I rarely use xmms, when I do, I don't use any non standard plugins. I
was hoping to provide something like a wrapper for the old simple
deprecated gtk API till more plugins are ported.

Do you have anything for me to do ? ;-)

> Also, we have already available apps that support Arabic and can do all that
> xmms can do if not better, right?
like what ? I don't think we have anything better than xmms "with the
exception of the command line players"

--
-- Katoob Main Developer