Re: vi & gtk-2 questions

On Monday 15 December 2003 20:09, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:58:19 +0200
>
> Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> > due to savannah being down, Try this.
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/savannah/changsets/xmms2-changes.tar.gz
> > I don't know if I'll continue the port or not. I can't do this alone.
> > and i'll NOT CHANGE THE HOST to another location, Sorry for that ;-)
>
> Could you please provide us with an actual STATUS of the port? This
> would be a great move. Also, are you sure you are not duplicating
> anyone elses work?

As you all know the problem is not in the port itself but in backward
compatibility of the already available numerous plugins. May be we need
Muhammad Sameer's efforts in something more useful. If the maintainers of
xmms are not interested in porting then I am afraid your port will soon be
obsolete and die, right?

Also, we have already available apps that support Arabic and can do all that
xmms can do if not better, right?

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA