Re: keeping this list inclusive and focused

On Saturday 09 August 2003 08:33, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> M.Yousif was simply trying to motivate people to work on the project. It
> is a Quran project, and if that is not Muslim oriented, I don't know
> what is. M.Yousif's wording is probably not the best, but English is not
> his first language (neither is it for the vast majority of the people on
> this or other Arabeyes lists)... so sometimes you need to adjust the
> interpretation with that in mind.

 I'm not sure what do you mean by "ill-worded" but I don't think it's
 a good idea to justify my wrong-doings (if there are any) by saying
 that English is not my mother tongue.

 But if you meant this:
     so this is for Arabeyes Admins:
       "This project needs such things and most probably will continue to need
       them and whether it's meant or not, the mailing-list that I'm using for
       this project should _always_ be open to such words.
       If this is not the case with Arabeyes mailing-lists, I and the other
       people working on that project (I'm talking on behalf of them because
       I know them and I know they share the same feelings toward this
       project as myself) can transfer the project to somewhere else that is
       appropriate instead of limiting us if there are any limits we shouldn't
       bypass as this is not the only complain I got about that and the
       issue is rather sensitive for us and for the people who complain.
       And if your decision is still to host that project, then we _need_
       a permission to post religious texts in the mailing-list"

 Then I really meant it that is because this is not the only complain, you
 don't know how many emails I got regarding that issue (at least Mr.Buell
 was objective and his words were very polite), and if you want I can forward
 to you about 10 emails about that issue. They have a lot of offending content
 (and this is why they were sent to me privately, so the senders knew their
  emails are offending) that I prefered to ignore.
  Mr.Buell has nothing to do with this, he just 'reminded' me that this issue
  needs to be settled (whether it by making another list and naming it
  even_more_general_list or by quiting the whole project or whatever.
  And if you remember, I was reluctance in the start of this project to
  classify it as an Arabeyes project, although it would not have been
  such a successful one without Arabeyes)

--
Mohammed Yousif
We _will_ restore OUR Jerusalem.