Re: Virtual ما رأيكم بترجمة

last night i asked 3doctors in arabic language about this problem 'i
mean virtual'

the answer was :
using خيالي او وهمي for virtual is 80% wrong (problem with sense and
the true meaning) ---> IN SIENTIFIC TERMS

افتراضي is the best translation for virtual in SCIENTIFIC TERMS

for Default = افتراضي , to tell the truth, they gived a big LOL .
anyway for default theres not an exact word in arabic but فرضيا would be closer.

2006/8/21, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug dot org>:
On 19:49 Sun 20 Aug     , Afief Halumi wrote:
> I do agree that افتراضي would suit virtual quite well, but since it's
> already widely used for "default"(which has no accurate arabic meaning)  i

> think وهمي would be a closer match, as all virtual things are also
> illusions.

I agree with that, it is not a good idea to change an already used with

AND IF THE WORD THAT USED IS NOT TOTALY RIGHT ? WE SHOULD SAY "OH NO WE HAVE TO REFIND ANOTHER WORD FOR IT ?!!"

unless there is a good reason for this, and I don't think there is no good
reason here as وهمى for virtual suites quit well.
--
Khaled Hosny

Egyptian GNU/Linux user
Member of Arabeyes translation team [www.arabeyes.org]
My Blog: [khalid_hosny.manalaa.net]

Respect;

--
Elyess ZOUAGHI
Fingerprint : 74A3 BC6B 3695 26BD FD95 06C9 D8ED 2BCC 583A E752