Re: WinSCP translation again

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:05:40 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 S.K. <moon_lightin at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > [...]

> I'm not sure why WinSCP is lagging on this front (I would have also thought
> that windows provides all the necessary hooks to make this rather easy),
> but I gather that not enough people are _really_ voicing their need for
> this and maybe a mass mailing to the application's author might help.
> Note that UTF-8 support (in the GUI) was voted as the #2 most needed item
> on WinSCP's site a few months ago.

Suhaila, since you are in contact with the site admin and I'm guessing
the developers too, can you please push for this issue? I would
suggest you try to rally localizers from other languages who also want
UTF-8, or (and this is more likely) see if localizers from other
languages are already rallying, and join with them in asking for this.
For now I would suggest a simple email to the developers along the
lines of: "hello I recently started localizing this application to
Arabic and I must say the lack of UTF-8 support is being a great
hinderance..." or something like that.

Salam,

Abdulaziz,