Re: WinSCP translation again

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Suhaila, since you are in contact with the site admin and I'm guessing
> the developers too, can you please push for this issue? I would
> suggest you try to rally localizers from other languages who also want
> UTF-8, or (and this is more likely) see if localizers from other
> languages are already rallying, and join with them in asking for this.
> For now I would suggest a simple email to the developers along the
> lines of: "hello I recently started localizing this application to
> Arabic and I must say the lack of UTF-8 support is being a great
> hinderance..." or something like that.

Keep in mind that the UTF-8 support noted and the localization are
two completely different beasts.  WinSCP can be localized today
irrespective of which encoding is used.  What concerns us, linux
users, is the ability to see/use Arabic filenames properly via
WinSCP and for that you need UTF-8 support _within_ the application.