Re: New translation project approved (Action Apps)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 08:48:54 -0800 (PST), Rai'da Al-Zu3bi
<raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Marhaba Abdulaziz. Yes, I decided to begin translating while we figure our
> the PHP to PO issues.  I'm actually surfing the Arabeyes website now looking
> for documentation, resources or past projects that would make my translation
> easier and faster to do. I want to avoid recreating the wheel by labouring
> over translation of terms that have already been translated.

I actually hope you don't find any new terms and that everything you
translate has already been translated somewhere :-)

> Honza mentioned that the two most important files are:
> ar_news_lang.php3 and ar_output_lang.php3 so I'm beginning w/these.  It
> would be FAB if anyone on the list can recommend the best place to look for
> similar files to the above that have already been translated.

Very hard to say. We have literally hundreds of po files in our cvs.
There's really no substitute to a good search mechanism like that in
kbabel.

> Also, should I use the below to translate technical terms like "alias"?
> http://qamoose.arabeyes.org/

Its the best thing you have at the moment. It does not contain many
technical terms, but in the absence of a technical dictionary here on
Arabeyes (a project thats been stalled way too long) I guess QaMoose
is your only option...

> FYI, the bugzilla system link is broken here:
> http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/guide/translator-guide-en/first-steps.html

Thats because we dumped bugzilla. We now file our bug reports at:
http://bugs.arabeyes.org

> One more thing: although Arabeyes highly recommendeds migration to Linux or
> at least divide my system between the two that's a non-option for me right
> now.  So I'll have to work w/Arabeyes as Windows XP user for the timebeing.

OUCH! This is going to make your life very difficult. You will have to
read the wincvs howto then :-)

Do try to make the switch to Linux ASAP. It has all the good tools...

> P.S. I just logged on and changed my name as requested.

Great. Thanks!

Abdulaziz,