Re: New translation project approved (Action Apps)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:14:33 -0800 (PST), Rai'da Al-Zu3bi
<raida_lists at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> > I hope your looking into the PHP->po issue.
>
> I am.  Not sure I'll manage it w/o your support
> though. I sent a group email to techie colleagues
> asking what to do re this issue.  Only one responded
> advising me to use this tool to convert the files:
>
> point at php's gettext support
> http://dk.php.net/manual/en/ref.gettext.php
> which could be used in this task.

I couldn't find anything useful on that page. I'll try to figure out a
way to convert from PHP->po and vice versa. You should not let this
hinder you, and you can start translating right away, but I should add
translating with is much easier, safer and helps you be more
consistent.

So, to sum up, in the meantime, don't worry about PHP->po, but keep it
in mind as we will have to use pos eventually.

> What you
> > need to do before
> > we can create this project is register with
> > Arabeyes. Please do so
> > ASAP[1] so we can create a project page and get the
> > ball rolling.
>
> Done

I went ahead and changed your username from the default al_zu3bi to
raida. Please, go to your preferences page and change your first name
and last name. Please do whatever is necessary to remove that '3' from
Al-Zu3bi :-). As Nadim mentioned only Latin characters should be used
in these fields.

I created the project:

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ActionApps

Your the maintainer. Feel free to change/add/remove any information
there that you like. Please do add any information about important
changes to the history log (i.e. when you import the files to cvs for
the first time, add a history log. When translation reaches 100%
completeness status, add a history log. When another translator joins
the project, add a history log, and so on and so forth).

I guess thats all. If you need any other help, you can post to the
approporiate mailing list. Thanks for your contribution and good luck!

Abdulaziz,