Re: debian vim (was - common words...)

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 01:29, Kamal Dalal wrote:

> >>Are you sure that vim-6.2-149+1.deb does not have arabic support ?
> >>What does locale say ?

I'm sure he's sure. It wasn't added until 181+1 debian revision.

> Which indicates that 1:6.2-181+1 was not compiled with Hebrew support.
> Looks like arabic/hebrew support comes and goes.
>
> Nadim, you may want to file a bug for vim-6.2-149+1 as well.

I don't know about Hebrew support but I do know Arabic is there. I have
personally harassed the maintainer on irc until he uploaded the 181+1
revision. His problem was, he didn't know the compile options to enable
Arabic support (it's rather confusing in vim).

So, there!

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |