How can I type a greater than ">" in Arabic

I reviewed translation of userdrake.po in Arabic lang.

A string like this:
User Uid is < 500
which contains a < sign was translated using words "less than in Arabic" not
the symbol itself. I tried to replace it with the symbol which should be
SHIFT+DAL but couldn't generate it. After trying the whole keyboard, I
decided to shift the keyboard to English, type the symbol, then switch back
to Arabic to continue translation. I am not sure whether this is correct. But
I am sure there should be an easier way and I don't know it. What is it? Do I
need to change the layout or what?

Also, it's better if we turned to be consistent: either use < and > sign or
use the wording "less than" and "greater than". Compare with this string:

Creating a user with a UID less than 500 is not recommended.\n
 Are you sure you want to do this?\n
These are trivial matters I know but I love to be near perfection ;)
To be silly: Why do you put a space before "Are you sure ..."

Another question:
For the translation of words like "search" how can I decide whether this
should be translated as imperative mood or just a noun. Is it something that
we can settle on a solution for it or just a matter of preference?

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA