Re: About Qamoose

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about recovering translated words from KDE and GNOME PO files
> and putting them into full_wordlist.

That was one the first things that I had done awhile back - I took all the
files we had and extracted all one and two word phrases and tried to marry
those to words that existed in my exhaustive list.  Bare in mind that the
words within KDE/Gnome are rather computer-centric where-as full_wordlist_*
aren't and shouldn't be (ie. its context neutral).

> Maybe it is too early, and this should be discussed after finishing the
> actual full_wordlist translation (and maybe even the KDE and/or the GNOME
> ones) ? But what do you think about it technically: Is it feasible easily
> via a script for example ?

Its not too early - the point is to make forward progress and to realize
that we are very much behind.  Your suggestion is a valid one and I had gone
through it before - with a bit more KDE/Gnome progress I'm likely to go
through it again unfortunately we haven't add enough progress in KDE and/or
Gnome that would warrant me doing down that path right now.  We need more
progress on KDE/Gnome and full_wordlist_* !!

In short, we __need__ more translators/translations and we need people who
can keep to their word/promises - "for in one's word there is honor".