About Qamoose

Salam Nadim,

I am thinking about recovering translated words from KDE and GNOME PO files and putting them into full_wordlist.

This should be only done on certain files: those fully translated and checked at least once. We should keep only single words (not expressions, that might be KDE or GNOME specific), check that the word does not exist in full_wordlist, and then add it in the appropriate file and position (alphabetical order). We should have then many new computer-related words.

One first problem I can see is that we could bring many un-necessary words like 'koffice' for ex... But maybe this would serve as a reference for later ? (in translation)

We could even search for more general words and add them there. I know you have merged many references. However, this list is not fully complete yet :-)

Maybe it is too early, and this should be discussed after finishing the actual full_wordlist translation (and maybe even the KDE and/or the GNOME ones) ? But what do you think about it technically: Is it feasible easily via a script for example ?

Thanks,

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp