Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 03:08:50PM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:

> BSD gives us more rights? I know the reverse is true. MIT is more opensource
> than BSD. It doesn't ask for any endorsement restrictions. Simply put, MIT
> says do  whatever you want with the code except to blame me. BSD would force
> you to take written permission from the author in one case, though trivial.

It's not that important. However, do re-read the licenses and you will
see that BSD gives more rights to the author. Yes, this protects
Arabeyes (the no endorsement clause) and does not in any way interfere
in the inclusion/modification/re-distribution of the code.

-- the no endorsement clause --
Neither the name of the <ORGANIZATION> nor the names of its contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
without specific prior written permission.
----

> Can you explain to me one reason that let people chose Fribidi over minibidi
> if both would be 100% compliant and the minibidi license is more
> permissible?!!!
>
> Behdad, Ahmed, do you think we can go like this?

We already are.

| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |