Re: Bidi-less Applications Patching Policy

On Yaum al-Ahad 03 Rabi` al-Thaani 1425 09:53 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> Ahmad, please do confirm with the CUPS folks if the LGPL is an issue. If
> it is, as Nadim has suggested, it is why miniBiDi exists. I also would
> like to recommend that the license of miniBiDi is changed to BSD instead
> of MIT (gives us more rights while maintaining the same freedom as the
> MIT license).

BSD gives us more rights? I know the reverse is true. MIT is more opensource
than BSD. It doesn't ask for any endorsement restrictions. Simply put, MIT
says do  whatever you want with the code except to blame me. BSD would force
you to take written permission from the author in one case, though trivial.

On Yaum al-Sabt 09 Rabi` al-Thaani 1425 02:35 am, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> There are a couple of things to note that would nullify all your points
> (well maybe not nullify 'em but resolve 'em :-).  Those are,
>
>  + miniBidi will be 100% (or similar) spec compliant (no ifs/buts about
> it). + miniBidi will be actively maintained and developed on Arabeyes by
> Ahmad.K (and others ?).

Can you explain to me one reason that let people chose Fribidi over minibidi
if both would be 100% compliant and the minibidi license is more
permissible?!!!

Behdad, Ahmed, do you think we can go like this?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA