Re: core list going public

Mohammed Elzubeir a *crit :

> But, I do believe that it is a very good idea to make all future
> communication between the core team public.

Believe me, it is not, not at all, it'll give the public a sense of right on
core's decisions. Believe me, you are calling for a mess, I am talking out of
experience in things that involved even far more means than this.

> In the very least, it will
> force some sense of civility that has been lacking as of late.

You should see democratic parliaments debating;) hehe:)

> Since we
> are all for transparency (and I think this is one thing we ALL can agree
> on)

transparency at the same level. Transparency between different levels of
decisions are not a good idea, it can be very much the opposite. Arabeyes
needs management, it's not just about developing and localizing unless you
never want it to grow.

> , it is best to let the public know what we are doing and we are
> talking about.

For what benefit? Let's not talk out of ideologies but be pragmatic. Think of
what you would gain out of it, and what would you lose.

Salaam,
Chahine