Re: Arabeyes Charter Proposal

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:28:28AM -0500, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> :-) I am starting to feel that I am the only one having fun in Arabeyes ..

Bleh! I think, despite all this junk on this thread, I am still having
fun, and taking most of it with a grain of salt.

> As for my vote, I say NO for this Charter.
> I say YES for A charter (maybe this one after some more modification)

And because of the tie in votes, the need for a tie-breaker exists.
However, like Chahine has pointed out, mere 'no's don't help as much as
"no, but how about this".

> mm, now about l10n stuff and so :-) well I had my ups and downs in it, my
> interest in it varies according to many factors, but I can not deny that I
> find other fields more interesting sometime, but that is not to effect my
> feeling of responsability toword the l10n.. I feel that the l10n work fruits
> shows in the long run, that makes it easy to loose interest when not seeing

And the short term as well.

> instant results... For me, to tell you the truth, I find the Server work done
> by Moe is the shity job that I won't do :-) (no offense Moe)

Bahahahahahaha ;) What counts is that I enjoy it, and probably what I
enjoy the most about it is that a lot of people depend on it to run
properly, so I enjoy the responsibility that comes along with it. Of
course there are mundane routine tasks that come along with it, like
creating CVS accounts and keeping up w/ people who can't seem to figure
out how to send encrypted passwords, problems logging in, my typo's in
the pw file, etc.

> Now regarding the structure, hierarchy, and others, they should NOT be points
> that would make is as severely argue and disagree, I would understand this
> discussion if it was about Arabeyes goals :-)

Exactly ;)

later